Friday, November 5, 2010

thousandforathousand

I'm selling a thousand paintings. The cost? The promise that you will donate your time, energy, or money to an organization, charity, or person you feel is deserving.

This could be taking a homeless person out to dinner, overtipping the next time you eat out, planting a tree, spending time with a charity that's important to you. The deed can be as big or as little as you want it to be. This project is based on the honor system, so you don't have to provide proof that you did it in order to "purchase" one the paintings. However, if you're particularly proud of your good deed and want to share a story, by all means. Send me some info (saynomorgan[at]gmail[dot]com) and I'll post it here.

If you have a specific request for your painting's subject, please include it in your participation e-mail and I'll do my best to accommodate. If you'd like to see some examples of the work that I've done in the past, check the links section.

I know what you're thinking. What's the catch, right? There's no catch. This is my very small way to say thank you for being a good person. What do I get out of this? Hope. I'm receiving no monetary gain from this endeavor, and all supplies and material costs are coming out of my very empty pockets. I've just never really been able to say thank you to my dad for teaching me that it's okay to be an artist. I'm hoping this gets me a little closer.

Sometimes we forget how beautiful the world is. With thousandforathousand, I hope to remind you (and me).

If you'd like to participate, please e-mail saynomorgan[at]gmail[dot]com with thousandforathousand as the subject. Share this with everyone you know. I'll be thrilled to face the challenge of creating a thousand paintings to say a thousand thank yous for a thousand good deeds.

A list of participants will be listed below to help us all keep track of how far this project is reaching.

Thank you for existing. Every single one of you are what make life awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment